We believe that the first step to achieving a healthier smile is to achieve a cleaner smile. That is why our dentists are pleased to offer dental cleanings for all the members of your family. Dental cleanings are important to preventing decay, diagnosing emerging conditions, and planning effective treatments. During a teeth cleaning in Jacksonville, Florida, we will:
- Clean each tooth and remove built-up plaque and tartar
- Examine your smile for signs of disease and decay
- Take a series of dental X-rays
- Review your dental history and dental hygiene habits
- Ensure existing restorations are functioning properly
- Discuss any questions or concerns you may have
We generally suggest you come in for a routine dental cleaning at least once every six months. Dr. Spencer and Dr. Moshea also offer what is known as a full mouth debridement. A full mouth debridement is a more comprehensive cleaning that is designed to help us prepare your smile for further treatment, especially those related to the gums. It often requires us to clean deeper underneath your gum line and is most useful for our patients facing more severe disease.
If it has been some time since you have been to the dentist, we encourage you to contact us at Riverside Dental today. We would love to schedule your visit and answer any questions you may have.