The year is almost over with so many delicious foods around as we all gather to celebrate this beloved holiday season. Keeping up with your oral health is vital during this season, so you can start the New Year off with a healthy smile. Here are five tips to keeping positive oral health this holiday season:
• Brushing your teeth regularly: Brushing your teeth will keep plaque and tarter from building up causing your enamel to break down and cavities to occur.
• Flossing every day: Flossing your teeth can stop plaque from building up in the places your toothbrush can’t reach. By flossing between your teeth, you are removing any food particles, plaque and bacteria that can be harmful to your teeth.
• Eat nutritious and well-balanced meals: Most people eat snacks more than regular meals resulting in the constant use of sugary substances and bacteria that stick to your teeth. By remembering your eating habits, you can give your teeth, and body an overall healthy life.
• Visit your dentist regularly: Your dentist can provide you with regular checkups to professionally clean your teeth, and search for signs of tooth decay. It is important to remember to visit your dentist every six months so you can keep your smile as healthy as you can.
• Changing your toothbrush regularly: It is always recommended to change your toothbrush every few months due to bacteria build up on your toothbrush. With the bacteria, your teeth cannot get the proper clean they need to stay healthy. Be sure to change your toothbrush out regularly so you can keep your smile fresh.
Here at Riverside Dental, we want you to enjoy this holiday season. If you have any questions or concerns about your oral health, please contact our office. Your dentist can address any questions or concerns you have pertaining to your oral care. So, call us today and schedule an appointment. Let us keep your smile healthy this holiday season.