Have you ever visited your dentist for an oral cancer screening? If you haven’t done so already, it is important to always check and inspect your mouth for any signs of dental damage in regard to oral and throat cancer. Symptoms are often present to indicate if the disease has taken hold, such as the following:
– Are you displaying any signs of unexplained bleeding in your mouth?
– Does it appear as if you have any inflammation or rough spots within your mouth? This can include thickened lumps or bumps, rough spots, or red, white, or speckled patches in your mouth.
– If you frequently suffer from bleeding within your mouth and have persistent sores in your facial area, it could be a sign of oral cancer.
– Do you ever have difficulty swallowing? Have you ever experienced a feeling as if something is caught in your throat? In addition, chronic sore throat or a change in your voice can also be signs of oral cancer.
– Common signs of oral cancer that would require a screening include difficulties chewing or speaking, frequent ear pains, misaligned teeth that appear to continually move out of their alignment, and dramatic weight loss issues.
Are you a candidate for an oral cancer screening? If so, please call 904.355.5531 to schedule an appointment with Riverside Dental at our office in Jacksonville, Florida. Dr. Michael Spencer and our expert team are here to ensure you receive the proper attention your smile needs.