Are you aware of the treatment methods for dental anxiety with dentistry? Although dental anxiety is harmless, it can make complex treatments more difficult to give and make your time at the dentist office less enjoyable. Thus, treatments for dental anxiety should be considered. Here are some things you should know about dental anxiety:
– Breathing slowly and deeply can help you to dismiss and release stress and diminish your dental anxiety.
– Consider holding objects such as a squeeze ball or fidget spinner to help you overcome dental anxiety during your treatments.
– Although you may feel too ashamed to speak up if you still feel pain after an anesthetic, it is important that you do so, as anesthetics work on variable levels for each person. This way, you can get the correct dosage that you require.
– Listening to soothing and relaxing music can help you during your dental treatments, as some people experience dental anxiety based on the sounds at the office.
– If you suffer from dental anxiety, make sure to visit with your dentist and let them know so that they can assist you.
No matter which option for your dental anxiety care you choose, Dr. Michael Spencer and our team at Riverside Dental will make sure that you receive the care and quality your smile requires. If you would like to come visit us at our dentist office in Jacksonville, Florida, please schedule an appointment at 904.355.5531. We look forward to hearing from you.